A car, when it is feeling its best, runs and works like a dream. To ensure that your car stays in good shape for the longest time possible, proper car care is compulsory. And this is something that the majority of drivers lack, or are complacent about. The consequence of which is that they do not pay heed to the warning signs that their vehicle sends out. Eventually, the unresponsiveness on the driver’s part causes the car to shut shop, abruptly. This is a predicament that every car owner wants to avoid at all costs. One of the surefire ways to make sure that your car steer clears of a bad day is to be on the watch for tell-tale signs of car trouble. We are here to provide you with a checklist of all the notorious signs that you should not neglect.
- 1 .Unusual Sounds: If you expend a lot of hours in your car, you’ll develop accustomed to the noises it produces and will be able to detect when something is off. In case of a bad engine, your ears will meet a high-pitched squealing noise. Whereas if you hear grinding noises, your frontal brake pads are likely being chipped away with each journey. If you hear a banging or pounding sound, the rod joints have likely aged down or become too slack. The joints will most certainly disintegrate soon, and driving in this condition is not suggested until it has been fully examined and fixed.
- 2. Overheated Engine: If your engine frequently overheats, it’s time to have it examined. Using an overloaded engine can result in a variety of issues, including a deformed cylinder, that can force coolant to spill and therefore emit white exhaust smoke.
- 3. Flickering “Check Engine” Light: In case your car is suffering from any sort of malfunction – internal and external – the “Check Engine” light will be the first to glow up brightly. This check engine light assists in detecting additional engine problems, such as a loosened fuel cap or a severe breakdown. It is recommended to have your car evaluated if you see it flashing.
- 4. Jittery Acceleration: If your car’s starting response time appears slower than usual, it means that there’s trouble you need to tend to. one of the reasons can be that you are using poor quality fuel; lower octane gasoline can adversely impact your car’s performance, and it may take a toll on the engine. Also, fuel injector blockages and dirty air cleaners can play spoilsport. Not to forget, the absence of appropriate air pressure in the car tires can trigger the car’s acceleration to go awry.
- 5. Difficulty in Shifting Gears: Awkward shifting might indicate gearbox concerns and should not be overlooked. The faults might vary from impure fluids, which makes changing into gear challenge, to something more severe, which could lead to malfunction.
- 6. Foul Odor: If you scent exhaust or oil odors, take action immediately. The exhaust includes dangerous carbon monoxide, and fuel emissions are a fire and health hazard. One of the most harmful characteristics of carbon monoxide is that it has no pungent smell. Don’t just sit on it, assuming that the bad odor will dissipate. Treat this situation as urgent, drive to your nearest car workshop/garage, and have a mechanic inspect your engine and exhaust system.
- 7. Poor Overhead or Dashboard Lighting: Overhead or dashboard lights that are dim or blinking may demand a simple adjustment, such as changing their brightness. However, it might also signify a burned-out bulb or anything else.
- 8. Oil Spots: A leaking vehicle is never a good sight. If you have parked your vehicle and discover oil patches on the ground, it indicates there is an underlying leakage waiting to be addressed. If left neglected for too long, the leaks could trigger several issues consequently – increased friction, insufficient oil, etc.
Assessing your vehicle’s behavior and performance constantly is one of the duties that every car responsible car owner must comply with. Failing to do so can put you in the spot, and spell doom for your car. As a solution, it is recommended that you have a trusted car services provider on your speed dial – Battmobile, for example. We are UAE’s most popular and reliable car care and maintenance provider. Available 24/7, and always striving to deliver the best car services around the country. If and when you notice any of the aforementioned visible signs of automotive problems, simply dial 800 78278, and help will be on its way!