When one talks about car servicing and maintenance there are three leading elements – battery replacement, tire change, and oil change. The longevity of your car on regular oil changes. As a result, the engine is not only prevented from seizing up but also runs smoothly, requires less time in the auto repair shop, and gets good gas mileage. In our day-to-day, our customers often ask us “how important is a regular oil change?” We cannot stress enough its importance. Nevertheless, we decided to write a blog about it. Moreover, engine oil change is a discussion topic that can never become redundant.
How Often Should You Get Your Oil Changed?
Time and distance driven are the two main indicators of when an oil change is necessary. The oil’s ability to lubricate your engine will deteriorate with time and miles. After 4,800kms or three months, whichever comes first, was the common piece of advice for quite some time. Nowadays, most automobiles can easily go 8,000 kilometers on a single oil change, and some even go as far as 16,000.
If you aren’t monitoring your kilometers driven, you could use the dipstick to determine when it’s time to replace your oil. Dark-colored oil means it is oil change time. The oil change indicator light on the dashboard of certain newer vehicles may even do the work for you. When it’s time to replace your oil, go with a synthetic brand like Castrol’s since it provides superior protection against wear. Even though it’s a little more expensive, you and your mechanic will appreciate the longer intervals between the oil change service.
Benefits of Regular Oil Change
Though getting an oil change in Dubai is a quick and simple practice, many drivers still opt to ignore it since they don’t see it as a necessary element of routine auto maintenance. See below for a rundown of the leading advantages of maintaining regular oil changes.
- Improved Vehicle Performance: Your engine will last longer and perform better with regular maintenance. There will always be some dirt and other debris carried in with the oil when it is pumped into the engine. As a result, muck begins to accumulate within the machine over time. If you don’t change your oil at regular intervals, the built-up debris within might be reducing your engine’s efficiency and performance. Maintaining regular oil and filter changes may keep your engine running smoothly and efficiently.
- Improved Mileage: A fuel-efficient engine provides the best possible fuel economy. If you want to achieve this goal, you must keep your engine clean and clear of debris at all times. When an engine is well-maintained with clean oil, it performs better and consumes fuel more efficiently. Expect much better fuel economy and significant cost savings if this pans out.
- Better Engine Durability: Used oil increases wear and friction because it includes impurities. As a norm, a cleaner engine is more reliable, lasts longer, and produces less pollution.
- Sustainability: Over time, engine oil breaks down due to heat, and gas escapes. This method also facilitates the accumulation of grime inside the device. So, it’s safe to assume that the exhaust stream from your vehicle contains certain environmentally dangerous substances. Moreover, regular oil change service is one way to lower emissions.
- Enhances Engine Safety: Engine oil change will prevent sludge from accumulating, as well as unnecessary friction and wear. In other words, you can safeguard your car’s engine and make it function more efficiently.
- Maintains the Temperature Under the Hood: The engine’s moving components generate a great deal of heat while the car is running. Maintaining the engine with fresh oil keeps all the moving components well lubricated, which in turn lowers friction and protects the engine from overheating.